St. Michael's Church
The Church of St. Michael is one of the most beautiful Gothic monuments in Transylvania, built between 1350 and 1487, on the site where once stood the Chapel of St. James.
The church is adorned with stained glass and statuettes, its altar dating back to 1390. Banffy Palace is a former residence of the Austro-Hungarian governors.
The building was designed by German architect Johann Eberhard Blaumann for the then governor, Banffy Gyorgy. Built between 1774 and 1775, the palace is considered to be the most representative example of the Baroque style in Transylvania. In 1951, it became the headquarters of the National Museum of Art in Cluj.