The purpose and legal basis of the processing of personal data
When choosing to travel with Animawings, the airline will be able to process the personal data you provide (both yours and your family members and other people you travel with)
for the following purposes:
a) Providing air passenger transport or freight air services, i.e. issuing and modifying the flight ticket, providing check-in and boarding service, as well as providing additional services
b) Providing packages of tourist services through travel partner agencies
c) Providing special services for persons with disabilities or those in need of special medical care
d) Provision of on-board catering services to passengers requiring a special diet
e) Confirmation of services purchased on-line and provision of additional services (notifications regarding program changes, route, operating program, etc.)
f) Invoicing and collecting the amount of services ordered by you and making payments online
g) Ensuring transaction security / online payment by applying anti-fraud filters to online payment
h) Immigration control and customs control to ensure transport safety and legality
i) Responding to requests and complaints
j) Carrying out surveys on customer satisfaction, performance of statistics aimed at improving the quality of Animawings services
k) Submitting offers, advertising and marketing messages about the products or services provided by Animawings or its partners to measure the success of our advertising campaigns
or personalize the services according to your needs
The processing of personal data for the purposes set out in points a) to I) is required for the provision of air transport services (performance of the contract),
the fulfillment of the legal obligations of Animawings or the legitimate interest of Animawings or third parties.
The processing of personal data for the purposes set out in points j) and (k) will only take place with the express consent of the person concerned.
Categories of processed data
In order to achieve the above goals, Animawings processes the following categories of personal data:
Passenger identification data:
- first and last name,
- home/residence address,
- e-mail address,
- personal identification number,
- fixed / mobile phone number,
- ID number and series, passport series / number, visa data,
- Information about the services you have purchased (provided directly by Animawings or the partner agencies),
- Data on credit / debit cards used for payment, bank accounts,
- Details of your trip (e.g. booking details and additional services requested and provided),
- Information about your communication with Animawings and its staff,
- Processing of special categories of personal data.
In some cases, Animawings processes passenger health data to ensure optimum travel conditions and to provide special services for people with disabilities or those in need of special medical assistance (e.g. when you are applying for a diet in particular, you need medical assistance or assistance to travel to and from the aircraft, etc.).
For processing these categories of data, passengers must express their consent to this effect.
Refusal to provide such consent will make Animawings unable to provide the required services.
These data may also be used by Animawings to establish, exercise or defend a right in court, and when processing is necessary for reasons of major public interest.
Recipients of personal data
Animawings may disclose personal data of passengers to third parties in order to meet a legal obligation of the air operator to perform the transport contract
as well as to provide the services purchased or where such actions are necessary to protect and defend the property rights of Animawings or emergency response to
protect the personal safety of passengers.
These data recipients can be:
- Travel agencies and other providers from whom you have purchased services (such as travel insurance airport transfer services) through Animawings
- Animawings partners in whose programs you have signed up
- Banks and other payment service providers to process payments initiated by you
- Providers of handling and catering services
- External service providers and Animawings customer support
- Market research companies, customer satisfaction studies and marketing and advertising services, etc.
- Animawings’s contractual partners, in order to promote the products and services marketed by them
- Public authorities (General Customs Directorate, Border Police, etc.), in accordance with the legal obligations established by Animawings
- International bodies (EUROPOL, INTERPOL, IATA)
- Courts of arbitration or arbitral tribunals and competent authorities to investigate criminal offenses
- Other subcontractors of Animawings.
Retention period of data
Personal Data collected by Animawings can not be kept longer than is necessary for the purposes for which they are processed, in compliance with applicable law.
After this period, your personal data will be completely deleted from the systems or converted to anonymous data in accordance with the company’s procedures.
Personal Data collected for the purpose of transmitting commercial communications will be processed until the date of withdrawal of the consent expressed by the data subject.
Transfer of personal data outside Romania
Your personal data may be transferred outside Romania under legal or contractual obligations.
The recipient companies processing the personal data of Animawings passengers within the European Union/ European Economic Area are subject to the same legal provisions
and offer the same level of protection as that offered by Animawings. However, if the fulfillment of the objectives set by Animawings will require the transfer of passengers’
personal data to recipients outside the European Union / European Economic Area or to States which do not provide adequate protection,
Animawings will require the respective recipients to protect personal data in accordance with the requirements of the Regulation.